View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabine
SabineRift
Guild Leader - Rogue Lead

re: Guild Statement

What we value:

In a word, Respect. We have a wide range of opinions in the guild, and I love when we can have open discussions about our beliefs. Don't attack anyone for their candid views, and don't be quick to assume you're being attacked yourself. Disrespect against a guildie will be dealt with harshly, as will being a poor representative of our guild to the public.

Furthermore, community is very important. Cliques are all too common in situations like this, and they WILL form if everyone doesn't take measures to counteract. Be inclusive of everyone online, and if you're online, make yourself available to be included!

Guild Loot Philosophy:

Personally, I don't view loot as important. I have fun by working together with all of you to succeed; the loot just naturally follows. Still, we do have some codified rules regarding how loot should be fairly distributed

If an item is an upgrade for a role you frequently play, you're free to roll on it. The biggest problem with an open rolling system, however, is that the dice aren't fair; someone could come to every raid but never win an item if the dice don't fall their way. So, to counteract this, we add a few caveats:

We ask the winner to take a look at how much of an upgrade it is for them versus for others, and whether the others might be more deserving. If so, they can pass it to whomever they like. This is ultimately the winners decision! If they decide to keep the item, we will all respect that.

Furthermore, we ask people to only win one contested roll per raid. After you win an item, please hold off for the rest of the day. This doesn't apply if no one else wanted the item, or the item is a relic.

Ultimately the rules boil down to "Don't be a douche." Just be respectful of your fellows, and receive the same in kind.

Guild Ranks and Privileges

First, ALL guild members have the right to have their opinions heard. They also have the right to receive an explanation for any decision they disagree with or don't understand.

Recruit: You're brand new and we don't really know you yet. Fix that! Once you become active in guild events and discussions, it won't be long until you're promoted (unless I forget >.<)

Member(Wolfpact): You're active in the guild and have been granted full bank privileges.

Senior Member(Elder Wolfpact): These members have made their opinions and values well known, and are trusted to invite new players to the guild.

Officer(Wolfficer): These are the people I trust to make fair decisions regarding conflict resolution should they deem it necessary. This is a privilege, not a responsibility; get no more involved than you feel comfortable.

Class Leads(Honeybadger): These are some of the most informed players in the guild. If you have any question about your class, odds are these guys can help you out.

Guild Leader: I try to be as fair and inclusive as I can. I have no problem explaining myself if you think I've been unclear, and I'll listen to everyone. It's no trouble AT ALL to help you guys how I can and manage this guild. I love you guys, and it doesn't feel like work when it's for such great people.

Thanks for your consideration,
Sabine
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arisen Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum